7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 18, 2009 7:34 AM by the_wine_snob

Photos too big in project!

RichardFollows

I have some photos taken but when I try to import them and display them in the project window they are all "zoomed" in. I think this might be becuase of the file size. Is there a way I can reduce all the picture sizes at once in the project?

Version 4.2

• 1. Re: Photos too big in project!
          pebalsamo Level 2

The easiest way to do it in Premiere is to just right click on the photo and then select "Scale to Fit".  I think that you can select all the photos then right click on one of them, but I am not sure of that.  I am not sitting at my machine right now.

Personally I prefer to resize them in Photoshop first and then bring them into Premiere, just so I have the option of making them the size that I want.  I usually set up an action with my parameters and then let it run on all the photos...  Another option that works pretty good is VSO image resizer.  It is a free download and will resize photos for ya....

Phil

2 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Photos too big in project!
            RichardFollows Level 1

Thanks for the quick advise I will check this out when I'm back at the computer today. The VSO software does it let you do multiple images as I have loads!

• 3. Re: Photos too big in project!
              cymtech

Phil is correct, you can right-click the photo in Premiere and select "Scale to Fit" If you select all of the photos, you can do it in one fell swoop. However, I agree that you should resize the pictures before importing them in to Premiere.

If you have Microsoft Office installed on your machine, you should use Microsoft Picture Manager to resize your photos. It is a great way to rename multiple photos as well. It is intutitive and requires little training. It will handle large quantities of photos. Try it, I think you'll be surprised how easy it is to use. However, be careful not to overwrite your original file. I generally save my edited photos to another location or I'll create a folder specifically for edited photos.

Here's the path to find Picture Manager:

Start | Programs | Microsoft Office Tools | Microsoft Office Picture Manager.

Good luck!

cymtech

• 4. Re: Photos too big in project!
                pebalsamo Level 2

Yes the VSO software lets you do all the photos in a particular folder.  Then it can either over write the existing photos or save the new photo in a new location...  Give it a try, it is quite easy to use...

Phil

• 5. Re: Photos too big in project!
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

This ARTICLE will give you some pointers on sizing still images for video, and also for automating the resizing in Photoshop.

Hope that this helps,

Hunt

• 6. Re: Photos too big in project!
                    RichardFollows Level 1

Thanks guys all great advice and all is working :-)

• 7. Re: Photos too big in project!
                      the_wine_snob Level 9
                      all is working :-)

I love to hear those words!

Glad that it worked out for you and thanks for reporting success.

Good luck,

Hunt