• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make a button appear on every slide.

Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2009 Nov 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am a new user with Captivate 4. This seems like a silly question, but I haven't been able to find it asked before (except for Captivate 2) and can't figure it out on my own.

In my project, I will not be recording software--I'll be doing an e-learning with activities like quizzes and branching. I do not want it to run like a movie--I want a forward and back button on each page that user clicks to go through the module. I figured out how to get rid of the play bar but how do I make a forward and back button appear on each page? Or do I have to do that myself by cutting and pasting?

Many thanks!

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 17, 2009 Nov 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

One way is to insert two buttons on one slide. Program one to go to the previous slide and the other to go to the next slide when clicked. Then you copy the buttons, select all the other slides and paste.

The other way is to use the Perpetual Buttons Widget supplied by Captivate. Click Window > Widget, then locate and insert the widget on the first slide where you want the buttons to appear. Configure the widget to display for the rest of the project.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2009 Nov 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks very much, Rick. It looks like the copying and pasting I've been doing has been on the right track. i wasn't sure if there was an option like a perpetual button. I did check out the widget--it will come in handy but this time around I'd like to use my own custom buttons. I don't think I can customize the widget without knowing flash programming.

Wish me luck on my first project--I may be back with more dumb questions!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources