4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 17, 2009 3:53 PM by the_wine_snob

HDV to WMV

rtprtp Level 1

Hi All,

My preset is HDV 1440x1080. How to I get my final 1 minute edit down to a simple good looking (if there is such a thing) STD WMV file that I can email?

I "shared" it as a 500 bit wmv but it looks lousy. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Stan

• 1. Re: HDV to WMV
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

How about Share/Personal Computer/WMV? Use the Cable Modem output preset.

I sure wouldn't recommend e-mailing WMVs though, no matter how small you get them! It's much wiser to post them to a web site and link to them.

Trust me. Your friends will thank you for not jamming up their e-mail boxes!

• 2. Re: HDV to WMV
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Actually, you'll get an even cleaner WMV if you output a standard DV-AVI from Premiere Elements, import that into Windows MovieMaker and put out a cable modem size WMV from there.

But even still -- post it to a site. Dont' e-mail it!

• 3. Re: HDV to WMV
              rtprtp Level 1

Thanks! Works great!

• 4. Re: HDV to WMV
                the_wine_snob Level 9
                ...import that into Windows MovieMaker and put out a cable modem size WMV from there.

Steve,

Many on the PrPro forum have had the absolute best results using the free Windows Media Encoder for WMV output. I have not done a comparrison between it and WMM, but some of these folk are known as sticklers for quality.

Just a thought,

Hunt