5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 18, 2009 5:38 AM by Ned Murphy

problem on customized checkbox...

xxxheeroxxx

Here's the scenario, I have 4 checkboxes I want to select all an so all check appears, but then I want to click back to previously click checkbox to deselect.

• 1. Re: problem on customized checkbox...
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Checkboxes work independently, so what you are describing is pretty much

how they already work.  You can select as many as you wish and then deselect any you change you

r mind about.  You may need to be more detailed in your description if

there's something else you are trying to solve.

• 2. Re: problem on customized checkbox...
            xxxheeroxxx Level 1

I'm sorry I got slipped and post the message out of bounced. What I'm trying to emphasized is that I create an customized check box on my own in the timeline and not with the checkbox component. When the swf file loads checkbox is empty, and when I clicked check mark would appear. And when I click again on the same checkbox, the check mark would disappear.

• 3. Re: problem on customized checkbox...

If you mean to say you want to know how to make the check mark appear/disappear, there are a couple of approaches you can take.  One would be to have the checkmark as a movieclip inside the checkbox that you set checkmark._visible = false at first, and then each time the checkbox gets clicked, in your click function you use...

checkmark._visible = !checkmark._visible;

That will make it switch each time you click it.

Another approach is to have the checkbox built along a timeline and have clicking it send it to a different frame depending on which frame it is currently in.  In one frame it would have no checkmark, while in another it would have it, and maybe even another frame would provide the appearance of a disabled checkbox.

If I am missing answering your question, it is mainly because you really haven't asked one yet.  Your posting reads more like you are simply telling what you have done and does not indicate you have a problem you are trying to solve.

• 4. Re: problem on customized checkbox...
                xxxheeroxxx Level 1

Thanks a lot Sir NedWebs I just used " checkmark._visible = !checkmark._visible; " it works perfectly.

Thanks God Bless,

• 5. Re: problem on customized checkbox...

You're welcome