5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 18, 2009 2:47 PM by the_wine_snob

Why can't I burn a DVD?

Co5Ne

Help!  I use PE7 and all is well until I try to burn a DVD. At that point, PE7 announces that a problem has occurred and the software closes.  I have to reboot my computer to open PE7 again.   I use a Dell Dimension 3400 with 2.99 GHz, 1.99 SB RAM.  I have placed PE7 on an external drive with a terabyte of memory; hardly any of it used.

• 1. Re: Why can't I burn a DVD?
          the_wine_snob Level 9

First, PrE wants to be on the C:\. Now, media, Project and Scratch Disks can be on an external, but the program wants to be on C:\. I edit to/from FW-800 externals all of the time with no issues.

Try installing PrE onto C:\, and see if that clears this up.

If not, please post the full details of your system, your Project and the Assets used in that Project.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Why can't I burn a DVD?
            John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

As well as what Hunt said... This is aimed at Premiere Pro, but may help

A link with many ideas about setup http://forums.adobe.com/thread/436215?tstart=0
            Many ideas are generic enough they have helped some Non-Premiere users fix problems

Also, work through all of the steps listed at http://ppro.wikia.com/wiki/Troubleshooting
            If your problem isn't fixed after you follow all of the steps, report back with the DETAILS asked for in the questions at the end of the troubleshooting link

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Why can't I burn a DVD?
              Co5Ne Level 1

Hunt suggested I put PE7 on my C/ drive and I did.  The burning process worked through 97% of the video and then I got the following message:

The instruction at "Ox369ea929" referenced memory at "Oxoooooooo."   The memory could not be "read."    

and, the PE7 program closed.     Any ideas of what caused this?

• 4. Re: Why can't I burn a DVD?
                the_wine_snob Level 9

A likely cause of this error is that some program did not report memory usage correctly to the OS.

This ARTICLE will give tips on finding "clues" as to what was happening at that moment. Chances are good that that program, or Process is identified somewhere in the Event Viewer. Now, be prepared to do a bit of reading, but follow EVERY link in any of the error, or warning messages.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 5. Re: Why can't I burn a DVD?
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

This ARTICLE will give you tips on setting up and getting your computer ready for an NLE, or burning session.

Good luck,

Hunt