4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 18, 2009 10:40 AM by robva65

Quizzes: Questions and Answers are overlapping in

Tschalleny

After creating quizzes in the Quiz Manager, the questions and answers are overlapping in my presentation.

I tried playing with the Appearance options of the Quiz manager and the Master Slide but nothing seem to help.

Also, the radio buttons are not constantly aligned with their corresponding answers.

Could you please help me?

Thank you

• 1. Re: Quizzes: Questions and Answers are overlapping in
          mkosullivan

I'm not an expert in this, but do you mean when you look at the slide in normal view or presentation view? The quiz questions in quiz manager will appear like that so that you can see all the options chosen for each individual question. When the course is published, the questions appear normally, that is, they appear left justified with no overlapping answers or options (a, b, c etc.). Once in a while the alignment of the options is slightly off from exactly left justified, but I have found it is less of a hassle to try and manually adjust them, since this can sometimes cause an inexplicable problem with the audio in the rest of the PPT file. So I guess my long answer is, are they overlapping in the actual published quiz?

• 2. Re: Quizzes: Questions and Answers are overlapping in
            Tschalleny Level 1

are they overlapping in the actual published quiz?

Well this Issue appears on both the editing PPT view and the published version.

• 3. Re: Quizzes: Questions and Answers are overlapping in
              mkosullivan Level 1

Is this an inheritted file? Or did you just create all this yourself? If you add a new question, is there overlapping text? Again, I'm not an expert, just trying to go through some ways around the problem. For example, if the quiz got corrupted somehow, could you just redo the quiz?

• 4. Re: Quizzes: Questions and Answers are overlapping in
                robva65 Level 2

There's actually a couple of reasons why the question element and it's corresponding "distractor" (aka the answer) are not lining up.  First and foremost, using the Appearance feature is only really meant to configure the styling of your text elements; its not very useful at all when it comes to alignment issues and that's what's going on with your example (thanks for providing the jpg!!!)

Need to ask you this: did you make any changes to your answers "after-the-fact"?  Meaning, that at one time you had an answer programmed into your question, but then did you decided to manually change your answer on the slide WITHOUT going back into the Quiz Manager to do so?

I ask b/c I've seen instances where editing the answer/distractor to a question messes up the vertical alignment of the text element.

That said, here's what you can try: If you select the "grouped" text box for the answer, you can change it's vertical alignment by setting it to "top".

Just remember that all answers that are created by Presenter are grouped items and MUST REMAIN SO!  Do NOT ungroup any of the question components, or your question will cease to function properly.

One other thing you need to know: the placement of the question elements (radio buttons, distractors, etc) are ABSOLUTELY controlled by the positioning of your Slide Master's Text Frame.  This is why your question paragraph is being impacted by the question item (answer) that follows.

Rob

http://www.robrode.com/yabb/