2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 18, 2009 11:32 PM by i_dream_of_jeannie

HD video formats (JVC camera)

bluetoonboy

Hi all

I've heard there can be issues getting some high definition video into Premier Elements. I'm about to buy a new camera

http://www.amazon.co.uk/JVC-GZ-HD10EK-Ultra-Compact-Definition-Camcorder/dp/B001D1201M/ref =sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1258032066&sr=1-11

and was hoping there is perhaps an expert here who could says whether the output would be compatible with Premier Elements version 8.  The camera can store the video using AVCHD and MPEG2 codec... are these high definition and compatible?  ...would like reasurance!

Many thanks

Gavin

• 1. Re: HD video formats (JVC camera)
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

The AVCHD format is a standard hi-def format and is compatible with the program (though it takes a pretty hefty computer to work with AVCHD!). I'm not sure about the MPEG. These hybrid camcorders can be a little ambiguous about such things.

But, personally, I'd recommend against the JVC brand. For some reason, it shows up on more troubled posts on this forum than any other! It's up to you but, all things being equal, it would probably be a safer bet to go with Canon, Sony or Panasonic.

• 2. Re: HD video formats (JVC camera)
            i_dream_of_jeannie Level 1

AVCHD is supported by PRE 8. As Steve suggested, even I would recommend Sony or Canon, since these are more established brands than JVC!!