2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 18, 2009 4:30 PM by cheryl402

Reader 9 problems

cheryl402

I too am having problems with adobe reader 9. It was working up until tonight. Now I get a black page then a white page stating adobe could not open. I tried uninstalling everything from my unistall list & it kept telling me to close internet explorer & try again but I had already closed IE. What the heck is going on & is anybody from the company reading all these problem and addressing them.

• 1. Re: Reader 9 problems
          ~graffiti Adobe Community Professional & MVP

cheryl402 wrote:

IE. What the heck is going on & is anybody from the company reading all these problem and addressing them.

It's rare to see anyone from Adobe here in the Reader forum.

cheryl402 wrote:

I too am having problems with adobe reader 9. It was working up until tonight. Now I get a black page then a white page stating adobe could not open.

Are you attempting to open a PDF at the time? If so, how are you doing it. From a web link, by double clicking one saved to your hard drive, by opening Reader first and using file>open...etc?

Can you open Reader at all?

cheryl402 wrote:

I tried uninstalling everything from my unistall list & it kept telling me to close internet explorer & try again but I had already closed IE.

I'm sorry I have absolutely no idea what you mean by this. You uninstalled what from what uninstall list?

The more info you can give, the better. Thanks.

• 2. Re: Reader 9 problems
            cheryl402 Level 1

I rebooted my computer & the download manager was gone & the program is now working . Thanks for your reply. It has been a rough week with computers for me.  Cheryl