• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can a device be authorized with multiple accounts ?

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2009 Nov 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Can anyone answer this question  ?

My Sony PRS-300 reader is authorized with adobe account X

A PC is authorized with adobe account Y

Now I want to get an Adobe protected eBook on PC (account Y) on my device (account X)

Adobe digital Editions notifies me that the reader authorized with account X, should be authorized with account Y.

Can I authorize my reader like this and still read all other eBooks which allready were on the reader (and activated with account X) ?

Thanks in advance,

A new e-Reader.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, currently devices are limited to a single account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So that means that when I activate the device with another account, all the other ebooks already on that device will be gone ?

And if so, can they be restored by simply activating the device another time with the previous account ?

Thanks in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 20, 2009 Nov 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's correct - however if you keep doing this you will quickly run out of authorization allowance and be unable to authorize the device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

Thanks for you answer.

Regarding the authorization of the device, what limits apply ?

I can't find these limits in the manual.

The only limit  I know of is, the limit of 6 devices I can sent an bought eBook too.

Also regarding this 6 devices..

Can I only sent my eBooks to 6 same devices or can I sent 1 eBook to 6 devices and another eBook to a

different set of 6 devices ?

Hope you can make this clear for me.

Thanks in advance,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your content is licensed to a specific AdobeID, which is the AdobeID that ADE is authorized to when you purchased the content.  For any one AdobeID you can authorize up to six computers and six devices.  Once the computer/device is authorized you can view any content licensed to that AdobeID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2009 Nov 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

That was the easy part. I thought you did mention that the device it self had max number of activations ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 24, 2009 Nov 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have a simular issue.

I have two AdobeID's one for my work and one for myself. I'm using my AdobeID for work related documentations and my private for ebook to be read on an ebook reader. Is it possible to authorize my ADE with two AdobeID's or do I need to buy two PC's to be able to use two accounts?

//Kjell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 24, 2009 Nov 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADE is limited to a single account.  This is tracked by OS User, so if you want to use another AdobeID you will need to create a different OS user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2012 Oct 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have similar issue than you. I have two AdobeID's one for my work and one for myself. And in my new computer of  work, by error I authorize my computer with the wrong ID.

How can I change it?

Righ now I had uninstalled the ADE but whe I install it again don't ask me for authorizing options.

How can I create a different OS user in the ADE?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim Lester: currently a device can only be authorized to one Adobe ID.

Is this still the case in 2017?  If not, which eReaders have the capacity of being authorized to multiple Adobe IDs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 22, 2011 Jan 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Digital Editions and Sony (PRS-300) Reader that seemed to work really well together until recently. Occasionally, books from the public library will just suddenly be unavailable. I found, after much looking, that both companies have known that .epub and .pdf files with DRM won't work on the same machine.

Unfortunately, I discovered that AFTER I had authorized the reader to the Sony bookselling site hoping they might have a solution. Now, nothing works. From these missives, it looks like the registration at Sony queers the authorization from Adobe that had been working, after a fashion, for months.

Also, please correct me if I'm seeing this wrong, it seems that Adobe is so concerned with protecting the rights of authors and publishers that they have forgotten that readers make it all possible. This has gotten to be beyond frustrating for someone who wants to simply download and read a book.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this still the case in 2017?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2017 Feb 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, I am from Czech Republic and my English is not so well, so, sorry for that.I need help with ADE. I have bought an ebook, than I've instaled ADE to my pad, made an ID and happilly read. But than I figured out I need read the ebook also in my laptop. So I tried to download ADE to my laptop and add the same ID and password as in pad. I hoped, it will be "doubled" and the ebook will be at both ADE (pad and laptop), but it doesnt work. Could anyone help me to bring the ebook to my laptop?

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines