1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 19, 2009 2:39 AM by userben

Flash CS4, Exporting Quicktime Movie: size, aspect ratio, and alignment

userben Level 1

I am new to Flash so this may be a basic question, but I have not been able to find anything in the help files or the forums.

I have tried several times to change the size of my quicktime movies, from 550 pixels by 400 pixels to 480 pixels by 480 pixels, and I cannot seem to do it. I have used "Modify > Document" and tried every option I could find through this command. Each time I export I double check that the export settings match my desired size, and they do, but when I open the movie in quicktime, it has been stretched to fit 550 x 400 pixels. The preview movie looks exactl how I want, it is only the exported movie that is incorrect.

Is it possible to make a quicktime movie of the size I would like, or is that a standard format that cannot be adjusted?

As a workaround, I have tried squeezing my 480x480 content into the 550x400 stage (while scaling it prportionally). but when I do this, the square of content is not centered in the background in quicktime. It is off center in the preview movie as well, and this commonly occurs after I have used "modify > document" to change the size of the document. The side to which it is aligned seems to be inconsistent.

Is there a way to realign the video after I have modified the document size? Does changing the document size through "modify > document" affect the centering and alignment of my video? Is there a way to change it back?

I have attached images of my videos in flash, and then what they look like after export.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

-Ben