11 Replies Latest reply on Dec 3, 2008 7:40 AM by chopitea

Printjob: I need good quality resolution

chucupe
      Good day!

I try to use printjob to print an area with many movie clips into, I need a good resolution and avoid the white borders that appears in the vectorial printing option, I am using scales to print bigs copies of my Flash animation in full color, Is it possible to print on Asbitmap option a good quality for graphics and text?

I was trying to pint like bitmap but all objects have appeared pixeled.

Can you help me about it?

Kind regards

Alejandro Bazan
        • 1. Re: Printjob: I need good quality resolution
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          for complete control you should instantiate your printjob, create a movieclip customized to your printjob's pageWidth and pageHeight properties and print that dynamic movieclip.
          • 2. Re: Printjob: I need good quality resolution
            chucupe Level 1
            Sorry Kglad...

Good day again!

I did not understand please can you explain me again how I could get best print quality?

Kind regards

• 3. Re: Printjob: I need good quality resolution
              i dont' know any easy to explain it and i certainly don't know an easy way to use the flash printjob. i always find it a major aggrevation to get a printed page pixel-perfect.

on the other hand, it's not hard to get close to a perfect print. i always create a movieclip that contains exactly what i want to print with all the elements sized and positioned using the printjob's pageWidth and pageHeight properties.
              • 4. Re: Printjob: I need good quality resolution
                i just extended a general technique that i'd used before to approximate pixel-perfect printing to now obtain pixel-perfect printing.
                • 5. Re: Printjob: I need good quality resolution
                  chucupe Level 1
                  Dear Kgkad:

Many thanks for your time I appreciate it,

Sorry I did not explain well I need to print on A3 paper size and bigger at this size the Bitmap option from the printjob object make the MClips to appear pixeled. I have to resize the MClips to print, I have to mix 3 Mclips to print in only one image without this problem at this size, If you have any idea I appreciate It too.

Regards,
                  • 6. Re: Printjob: I need good quality resolution
                    after retrieving the pageWidth and pageHeight of your printjob, create a movieclip with matching dimensions and position all the graphics needed for printing.
                    • 7. Re: Printjob: I need good quality resolution
                      chucupe Level 1
                      Thanks kglad,

I appreciate your collaboration in this case so much, I tried to create a new MovieClip after star the printjob but I cann´t the application did not response, after I put these commands just a few lines before the printjob and it worked but when I tried tu use 3 MovieClips the resolution changed and it started to print zoomming 30% more than original resolution appeared on the screen. I am using external swf files who have the MovieClips, I resized these to the right size that I want but the problem continue. This is a printasbitmap feature when print more than one MC I think.

Many thanks for your time to help me.
                      • 8. Re: Printjob: I need good quality resolution
                        i'm not sure what problem you're describing. but precise control of printing in flash is consistantly possible, but it's not easy.

i've only achieved it with the creation of one movieclip for each page to print. and that movieclip must be customized to the printer properties and print effect you want.
                        • 9. Re: Printjob: I need good quality resolution
                          chucupe Level 1
                          Thanks kglad:

Sorry I did not explain well my problem, the point is when I try to mix or put 3 MovieClips into one print page with bitmap option within addpage command it is printing with a poor quality resolution the process to create the print sheet with these 3 objects could be works with low resolution I think may be too much work. when the page is created by the printjob it enlarges 30% of the size exactly require for the doc and the image printed in the sheet of paper appeared pixeled.

Just only want to explain you better the trouble I hope did that, regarding quality I have everything clear right now

many thanks for your time, regards
                          • 10. Re: Printjob: I need good quality resolution
                            printAsBitmap is going to result in a lower quality print. that's to be expected. it should only be used if you're printing a bitmap with transparency and you must have that transparency printed.

if you don't enable printAsBitmap you will get a better quality print. and, as i've mentioned repeatedly, it is possible to print exactly what you want. but you must customize the objects you want printed to achieve the effect (including sizing) you want.
                            • 11. Re: Printjob: I need good quality resolution
                              chopitea
                              Dear Kglad:

I understand your comments, I was changed all features possibles in the Flash suit to try to avoid the blanks in the borders but we cann't get any results, always print with great quality nut all blanks appeared, I am working in application where it read three objects step by step after that the picture go to print.

Thanks for your advise again we try move on this way,

Kind regards

Chucupe