• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't edit a parameter in HTML

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2008 Jul 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to change "middle" to "top" in code you see below.

When I make the change and save the topic, RH7 undos the change whenever I switch out of HTML editing mode to Design mode (I presume that's when it happens, since it doesn't happen before my eyes while I'm looking at it and it has changed back when I re-enter HTML editing mode from Design mode).

My first thought was that a style sheet was overriding my changes. I checked the style sheet that the topic's associated with and I couldn't find a TR specification anywhere, just a TD one, and even that doesn't specify an alignment.

Why is RH7 not accepting my change?

And: Assuming that a style sheet is, somehow, overriding the edits I make in HTML mode and I'm overlooking the style somewhere. How do I force RH7 to accept my change no matter what?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2008 Jul 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me expand my question to include: -any- part of the table HTML. Further experimentation shows I'm unable to change anything.

Also, when I manually create a table from scratch, it still inserts the "x-cell-content" tag. Grr!

What's causing this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried selecting the row(s), right clicking, and selecting Cell Alignment > Top (in Design Mode, that is)?

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 18, 2008 Jul 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ost likely things that come to mind:

* You're working over a network (bad).
* You're working in a topic that's assigned to a template or master (whatever they call it in RH7).
* You have style info inside the HEAD section of the topic.
* The style assigned to the text in the table rows is superceding the table cell alignment.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Originally posted by: MergeThis
The ost likely things that come to mind:

* You're working over a network (bad).
* You're working in a topic that's assigned to a template or master (whatever they call it in RH7).
* You have style info inside the HEAD section of the topic.
* The style assigned to the text in the table rows is superceding the table cell alignment.

1: Nope.
2. There is a CSS style sheet assigned to it, but like I say there are no definitions in that stylesheet that would seem to conflict with it--but even if so, say I'm overlooking something, how could I override that?
3: Not that I see.
4. No, for if I make a blank table from scratch using just HTML then RH7 still injects things on its own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might want to try editing it outside of RH. For example, edit it inside a text editor and then reload the topic inside RH to see if the change sticks. Sometimes RH just needs a kick to get it jump started.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Originally posted by: JaredHess
You might want to try editing it outside of RH. For example, edit it inside a text editor and then reload the topic inside RH to see if the change sticks. Sometimes RH just needs a kick to get it jump started.

I tried exactly that actually. I tried editing it in Notepad and pasting it back in, and then I created a brand new table starting with Notepad and pasted that in and the same behavior occurred.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your reply, please click Attach Code and paste everything in one of these puppies, from <!doctype...> up to (and including) <body...>.

I've just tested a topic, and each valign change in Design was reflected in the code without exception (I ran through all three options twice).

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

In your reply, please click Attach Code and paste everything in one of these puppies, from <!doctype...> up to (and including) <body...>.

Here ye be (with asterisks instead of sensitive words):

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This line:

<link rel=StyleSheet href="..\tech_manual.css">

should have a forward slash, like:

<link rel=StyleSheet href="../tech_manual.css">

In addition, the ../ indicates that the CSS file is one level above this topic's location. Is that the case?

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This line:

<link rel=StyleSheet href="..\tech_manual.css">

should have a forward slash, like:

<link rel=StyleSheet href="../tech_manual.css">

In addition, the ../ indicates that the CSS file is one level above this topic's location. Is that the case?

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
quote:

It is...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp