9 Replies Latest reply on Nov 27, 2009 6:36 PM by David_F57

Win32 refresh daemon has encountered a problem

Mark in Cali

I recived this error message while working with flash builder 4 b2 and CF CRUD turorial (http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flex/articles/fcf_managing_data_05.html)... full text  ""Win32 refresh daemon has encountered a problem" An Internal error occured during: "Win32 refresh daemon" An internal error occured during "Win32 refresh daemon" 135

Any idea of why?

• 1. Re: Win32 refresh daemon has encountered a problem
          David_F57 Level 5

Hi,

I just had this problem during some experimentation with a component, I was trying to see if the compiler would break when doing impossible bindings, well the compiler didn't break but the ide did.

this is what I did and the result was the win32 refresh daemon error.

<s:Button id"btn" y="200" x="{y}/>

this compiled and ran(binding failed as it was supposed to) but as soon as I change code elsewhere I get the daemon error, removing the line and all is well again put the line back error...

Have a look at the area of code you entered when these errors occurred and look to see if there is  anything strange about the bindings.

David.

• 2. Re: Win32 refresh daemon has encountered a problem
            Mayank (Adobe) Adobe Employee

Can you please give us more details of what you were doing when this error came?

thnx

-mayank

• 3. Re: Win32 refresh daemon has encountered a problem
              mike_morearty Level 1

Mark and David,

Can you both please check the Eclipse error log, to see if there is a callstack in there that will help us?  The Eclipse error log is a file called "<workspace>\.metadata\.log" (note the dots in front of the ".metadata" directory name and the ".log" filename), where <workspace> is your workspace root directory.

Another way to see the error log is (these instructions apply to the standalone version of Flash Builder):

- Help > Product Details...

- Click "Installation Details"

- Click "Configuratoin" tab

- Click "View Error Log" button

What you are describing sounds exactly like this bug: http://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FB-15918 -- but we were never able to reproduce that.

Thanks - Mike Morearty, Flash Builder team

• 4. Re: Win32 refresh daemon has encountered a problem
                David_F57 Level 5

Hi Mike,

Just note that this is a continuation file as the same message repeated hundreds of times over a couple of minutes resulting in 3 log files all containing the same thing. This has only happened once and I have not been able to cause the error since.What is more annoying  is the need to manual save project changes, and force a change in the main project in order to build the project correctly and prevent internal build errors(interestingly enough the internal errors never show up in logs).

David

!SESSION 2009-11-20 02:46:58.032 -----------------------------------------------

eclipse.buildId=unknown

java.version=1.6.0_16

java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.

BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US

Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -clean

This is a continuation of log file D:\Flashbuilder\November\.metadata\.bak_1.log

Created Time: 2009-11-20 05:37:54.863

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.resources 4 1 2009-11-20 05:37:54.864

!MESSAGE Problems occurred refreshing resources

!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.core.resources 4 1 2009-11-20 05:37:54.864

!MESSAGE Problem occurred in auto-refresh native code: 5.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.resources 4 1 2009-11-20 05:37:55.865

!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.core.resources 4 1 2009-11-20 05:37:55.865

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.resources 4 1 2009-11-20 05:37:56.916

!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.core.resources 4 1 2009-11-20 05:37:56.916

• 5. Re: Win32 refresh daemon has encountered a problem
                  mike_morearty Level 1

David, the error you are seeing seems to be different from the one I linked to.  "Native code: 5", 5 is access denied, which usually happens either because of a file-permissions problem or because some other program has a file locked; but unfortunately the log doesn't give any more details.  (I should mention, by the way, that the issue here actually appears to be an Eclipse issue, not an issue in the Flash Builder code.)

As for the other problem you describe, I would love to have reproducible steps for that (internal build errors).  I'm also surprised the internal build errors are not showing up in the log -- they are supposed to be logged.

• 6. Re: Win32 refresh daemon has encountered a problem
                    David_F57 Level 5

Hi Mike,

I suspected that the daemon error I had was actually eclipse and not FB as it didn't seem to occur with any particular action in FB I just know what I was doing just prior to the popup. As I said earlier I tried to forced a compile error(which FB didn't pick up) then when I went to delete the line of code the daemon error appeared(I was just scrolling down to the line of code I wanted to remove) A few seconds later I got the error again but haven't seen it since.

As per the internal errors these are occuring 90% of the time after editting, the first sign that it is about to happen is when you run the app after an edit the save file dialog doesn't appear and the 'compiled' swf doesn't reflect the changes, you then need to force the main project file into an editted state save it manually then compile otherwise the next compile will cause an logged internal build error.

https://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FB-23092

This internally error problem started with the eng drop prior to the beta 2 drop and is also in the beta 2 drop. I can re create the error at will, usually the quickest way on a clean workspace create a project with a bindable string add a function and assign a value to that string in the function(don't even need to assign that function to an action). Compile/run, edit string value, run again and viola the error.

David

ps: I am on W7x64.

• 7. Re: Win32 refresh daemon has encountered a problem
                      David_F57 Level 5

Mike,

I have tried another test with the internal errors.

Session log attached- and the offending code

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<s:Application xmlns:fx="http://ns.adobe.com/mxml/2009"

xmlns:s="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/spark"

xmlns:mx="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/halo" minWidth="955" minHeight="600">

<fx:Declarations>

<!-- Place non-visual elements (e.g., services, value objects) here -->

</fx:Declarations>

<fx:Script>

<![CDATA[

[Bindable] private var myString:String;

private function testMe(): void

{

myString="on e";

}

]]>

</fx:Script>

<s:Label y="10" text="{myString}"/>

<s:Button y="40" x="22" click="testMe()"/>

</s:Application>

• 8. Re: Win32 refresh daemon has encountered a problem
                        Mark in Cali Level 1

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.resources 4 1 2009-11-18 17:53:34.296
                        !SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.core.resources 4 1 2009-11-18 17:53:34.296
                        !SESSION 2009-11-19 09:59:57.359 -----------------------------------------------
                        eclipse.buildId=unknown
                        java.version=1.6.0_16
                        Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -clean -clean -data C:\Documents and Settings\Mark\Adobe Flash Builder Beta 2 -clean

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.resources 4 1 2009-11-19 10:08:55.796
                        !SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.core.resources 4 1 2009-11-19 10:08:55.796
                        !SESSION 2009-11-19 10:44:20.468 -----------------------------------------------
                        eclipse.buildId=unknown
                        java.version=1.6.0_16
                        Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -clean

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.resources 2 10035 2009-11-19 10:44:39.890
                        !MESSAGE The workspace exited with unsaved changes in the previous session; refreshing workspace to recover changes.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.jobs 4 2 2009-11-19 11:06:55.828
                        !MESSAGE An internal error occurred during: "Win32 refresh daemon".
                        !STACK 0
                        java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 135
                            at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.refresh.win32.Win32Monitor.waitForNotification(Win32M onitor.java:585)
                            at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.refresh.win32.Win32Monitor.run(Win32Monitor.java:500)
                            at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

• 9. Re: Win32 refresh daemon has encountered a problem
                          David_F57 Level 5

Hi,

This issue has happened again but this time I never got to touch FB it happened after FB started and the default project opened in design view

I have attached the log.

Also it would be nice to get a little feed back either here or on jira on this issue(I can't find it on jira). I suspect its an eclipse issue and would be happy to raise a bug it would be nice to at least know the appropriate/preferred jira category to use for the issue, or the tracking id if this is a raised issue.

David