• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 7 Server Web Host

Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2008 Jul 31, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My tech writing department is proposing distributing webhelp on a remote server instead of locally on the client's server. We can't host the RoboHelp server in-house due to a lack of servers, so we are wondering if we can publish to a 3rd party web host vendor. Has anyone done this? Do we need to use a windows based server? Any other host requirements I should be aware of?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 31, 2008 Jul 31, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I haven't done so with a full blown help project or a WebHelp Pro output, so read this with that in mind.

On my site there are a number of webhelp outputs as demos. One can be found at

http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/search_highlighting/highlighting.htm

The host server is Unix based.

WebHelp Pro RH Server to be installed on the server so the host company would have to work with you on that and the server would have to meet its requirements.

I cannot comment on how fast it would all work as that would depend on the size of the project and the server. Maybe the host company would allow you to try a WebHelp (not Pro) output first?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp