2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 24, 2009 11:29 PM by hneelu

Configuring return types in Flash Builder

chan309a

Hi,

I'm trying to build a web app in Flash Builder that connects to a MySQL database via a php service and pulls data from the MySQL table - pretty basic stuff. I'm using the wizards to generate most of the code which is really nice.

I would like to be able to populate a datagrid with data from the MySQL database but I also want the datagrid to be editable with custom item renderers. Specifically, I'd like to be able to embed a date chooser component for one of the columns in the datagrid that contains date values pulled from the MySQL database.

If I'm not mistaken, to be able to embed a date chooser as custom item renderer in a DataGrid, the objects that are populating the DataGrid need to be stringly typed to the Date object. However, I can't figure out how to change the return type using the "configure return type" wizard. The wizard forces me to type the properties to either strings or ints. Since I know that MySQL is returning a date value, I want to be able to type that to a Date type in Flash Builder.

I've attached a screenshot for reference. Would appreciate any help that anyone can offer.

(Mac OSX 10.4.8, Flash Builder 4 beta 2).

phpDataType.jpg