3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 20, 2009 12:55 PM by the_wine_snob

Capture Video - KWorld DVD Maker

Jammmie9992

Hey guys

I am having problems capturing video with Adobe Premiere Pro. When I go to the capture screen and on the settings tab, under device control and device I only have these 3 options:

• None
      • DV/HDV Device Control
      • Serial Device Control

I want to capture data from my KWorld DVD Maker (This is a usb device that allows a composit input to pc) there is no usb option and the drivers are installed. What do I do?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Capture Video - KWorld DVD Maker
          Harm Millaard Level 7

Forget it. Capturing is only possible through firewire from a video camera. Instead of forgetting about it, you could try other software.

• 2. Re: Capture Video - KWorld DVD Maker
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

I'm not familiar with your hardware, but does it also allow for composite signal out? If so, you can use an A-B bridge (like the Canopus/Grass Valley ADVC-110), or an A-D capture card, like the Turtle Beach Video Advantage. Just feed the composite signal to the capture device and record it via the software included. With the Canopus, you can use about any capture software. You will not have device control, but with the mouse in one hand, and the device's remote in the other, it's two quick clicks and at the worst, you have a few black frames to cut out.

Now, I Googled your DVD Maker, and it looks like it's just a composite/S-Video to USB 2.0 cable. Is this correct? If so, you'll need to find software that can either capture from it, or if it does both the conversion (I'd choose the MPEG-2) and then the transfer to the HDD, do that and then Import the resultant files. One reviewer seems to indicate that they used CyberLink's PowerProducer, which ships with the device. I'd use it, and then edit the MPEG-2 (not the best format for editing) in PrPro. Note: if PowerProducer can capture as DV-AVI Type II, choose that and set Audio to 48KHz 16-bit. That will edit fine.

Otherwise, I'd skip it and go back above (that's why I left it in there).

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Capture Video - KWorld DVD Maker
              the_wine_snob Level 9

CyberLink's site shows PowerProducer 5, and it will Export as .AVI, if I read the specs. correctly. I do not know what version you got with the KWorld, but it seems that the biggest selling point with PowerProducer 5 is the HD capabilities, so the older versions should have .AVI, as well.

Again, DV-AVI Type II w/48KHz 16-bit PCM/WAV Audio is what you want. Those files should edit perfectly in PrPro.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful