2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 21, 2009 2:12 AM by tfcenturion

use module var in itemrenderer

tfcenturion Level 1

Hi all,

Iv hit a small snag in an app im playing with.

The app loads in a module which holds a public var to a reference folder.

Im trying to use that var in an itemrenderer, i have been able to achive it by placing the var at the root app using 'source="{Application.application._resourceFolder + data.folder + data.image}" '

I have tryed using the module name eg mod._resourceFolder but it gives me a statice class error

is there a way i can achive the same using the module instead??

Cheers for any help given...

• 1. Re: use module var in itemrenderer
          Flex harUI Adobe Employee

Depending on how you wrote the renderer, you may be able to access it as outerDocument.mod._resourceFolder or parentDocument.mod._resourceFolder

Alex Harui

Flex SDK Developer

Adobe Systems Inc.

Blog: http://blogs.adobe.com/aharui

• 2. Re: use module var in itemrenderer
            tfcenturion Level 1

Hi Alex,

Yes i forgot all about the parentDocument bit, once i read what you wrote it came back to me and the issue got resolved.

I had to put it in a init function first though as the console was givening errors of binding. Is there a way to bind directly in the image.source tag.

eg i have at mo a binded var  source="{resourceFolder + data.image}"

but would like to get rid of the init() function and just have it like this. source="{this.parentDocument._resourceFolder + data.image}" << this works but as said it comes with a console binding error the app still complies thoughs and works.