I've had Premiere Pro since I quit Avid when I discovered that Premiere Pro was simply faster and being able to use plug-ins that were not available to Avid.
I have a serious problem. I've been trying to solve it myself for four days straight and it's been a living hell. I have no solution therefore I came to my favorite forum since one of you geniuses probably has the answer.
I just upgraded PP CS4 several days ago when windows 7 came out. My problem is that every time I render FX then close the project and open it back up PP CS4 is not showing the rendered clip. Also, my peak files are being rerendered each time I open up that same project. This is serious since there is no way I can open up older projects if peak files need to be recreated every single time. Some of those older projects are nearly an hour long.
None of this happened in CS2. It might also be because Windows 7 blocked access to my seven external hdd's therefore if any knows what set the security needs to be on since I've given all access to my external drives with no results?
Here is what I can tell you all that is not the problem:
1. I have looked into the rendered files folder and the names of the rendered clips are not changing in name. The name that PP gives them remain the same.
2. As a matter of fact PP renders an entirely new clip next to the old rendered clip, which is the same clip I rendered the last time the project was opening. I rerendered the same clip so many times trying to figure out what the problem was that there were seven rendered clips which were all the same.
3. PP CS4 is reading the rendered clips half way through opening because when I deleted the rendered files folder it asks where the folder is at. However, when I take it out of the trash been and put it back and then start up I still have to rerender. Rendering is incredibly important to me like it is to most of you since I use a lot of FX in PP CS4 or I do color correction and then do the FX in a FX program.
4. By the way, all of this is being done in a completely new project that I created for pp cs4. I'm scared to open up my old projects since I definitly don't want to see those projects I worked so hard on not being able to be rendered.
5. It does the same thing on other new projects.
6. My rendered files are usually on a external esata hard drive, however I moved my rendered files back to the c-drive to see if that was the problem and the problem was still there?
7. I ran pp as administrator and that didn't help.
As you can all see I've tried everything I could possibly imagine to try and fix things on my own before I came on here. :-) I even spent several hours reading old threads on here and couldn't find anything.
My best guess is that the hard drives won't let PP read the rendered files and I've tried all settings. If anyone has a photo of there Windows 7 or Vista setting for other hdd's that have there rendered files on? Or is it something else??
I don't know if this has to do directly with the problem, however when I start up PP CS4 a pop up window comes up with "Can't Load Module. 'dehaupt DH_SoftDist 1.2+'
Please help since post work is my life,
Quad Core OC to 3.6
Geforce 9800gtx OC for FX plug-ins that like to use the video card
Eight Hard Drives (including Raptor as C-Drive)
4 gigs of ram memory