0 Replies Latest reply on Nov 22, 2009 12:41 AM by zabberwan

Batch process with History Command

zabberwan Level 1

I want to batch process to resize pictures and have a final product as follows:

1. Size: 220 x 140 (this detail is not important, but should be cosistant throughout).
      2. The final image has a feather of 10 pixels on all sides.

I tried using the History steps in which I first resized the image to desired dimensions and to achieve the feather effect I used a mask (paste as mask from the Edit menu in Fireworks cs4) using a white rectangle 5 px smaller on all sides (210 x 130) with a feather = 10px.

I saved the history as a command, but it does not run because it has difficulties recording steps where I have to tamper the rectangle (size, align, move etc.).

Another problem is that resizing the image does not honour the height consistently (but the proportions) which causes a problem with the rectangle size used for masking.

I don't mind doing this in 2 or 3 separate runs, but the final style of images should be with a feathered edge.

Would really appreciate some expert advice to run the process/es to achieve the required result.

Thank you!

zabberwan