2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 22, 2009 7:47 AM by Mylenium

Time-stretch makes movie disappear

LucasQuinn Level 1

Hello,

When I choose TIme-stretch or apply Timewarp, the movie goes black.  I scroll though it and it is all black.

I followed the istructions in the manual.  Tried getting it to work for an hour before posting.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Time-stretch makes movie disappear
          LucasQuinn Level 1

I did this and it does not work.  I tried all three options.

Time-stretch a layer from a specific time

1. In the Timeline or Composition panel, select the layer.
          2. Choose Layer > Time > Time Stretch.
          3. Type a new duration for the layer, or type a Stretch Factor.
          4. To specify the point in time from which the layer will be time-stretched, click one of the Hold In Place options, and then click OK.
            Layer In-point
            Holds the starting time of the layer at its current value and time-stretches the layer by moving its Out point.
            Current Frame
            Holds the layer at the position of the current-time indicator (also the frame displayed in the Composition panel), and time-stretches the layer by moving the In and Out points.
            Layer Out-point
            Holds the ending time of the layer at its current value and time-stretches the layer by moving its In point.
          • 2. Re: Time-stretch makes movie disappear
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

What footage is it? if it's something with MPEG, time-reversal may wreak havoc with it. Have you tried pre-composing and reversing the pre-comp instead? This may yield more consistent results as effectively it would enforce correct decompression and reconstruction of the source frames.

Mylenium