4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 28, 2010 7:44 AM by mikem75

H264 problems in Director 11.5

mikem75 Level 1

Has anyone had any problems using H264 video in Director 11.5?  I am using H264 quicktimes exported out of Apple Final Cut Pro.  I've created a test project with 3 Adobe Photoshop graphics and an H264 video.  Sometimes I can import the video, sometimes Director crashes.  Even on those occasions I've been able to import the video, many times once I save the project I will not be able to re-open it.  I get a "Director has exerienced a fatal error and will close" error.

Things seem to be much more stable with quicktimes encoded in Sorenson 3 or encoded with MP4.  I've even re-encoded the H264 video through Premiere Pro CS4 thinking it might be something out of FCP but still have the same problem.

I have confirmed I have the most up-to-date version of Quicktime (7.6.5) and have re-installed Director 11.5.

Any one else experiencing this?

Mike M

Director 11.5

Windows Vista Ultimate

• 1. Re: H264 problems in Director 11.5
          mikem75 Level 1

bump

Anyone??

Mike M

• 2. Re: H264 problems in Director 11.5
            Dr Bonilla

I am having the same problems. I bought the new version of Director because of the advertised integration with H264, but when I play a cast member from the cast or on the stage I receive a fatal error.

Vista Ultimate

Director 11.5

mikem75 wrote:

Has anyone had any problems using H264 video in Director 11.5?  I am using H264 quicktimes exported out of Apple Final Cut Pro.  I've created a test project with 3 Adobe Photoshop graphics and an H264 video.  Sometimes I can import the video, sometimes Director crashes.  Even on those occasions I've been able to import the video, many times once I save the project I will not be able to re-open it.  I get a "Director has exerienced a fatal error and will close" error.

Things seem to be much more stable with quicktimes encoded in Sorenson 3 or encoded with MP4.  I've even re-encoded the H264 video through Premiere Pro CS4 thinking it might be something out of FCP but still have the same problem.

I have confirmed I have the most up-to-date version of Quicktime (7.6.5) and have re-installed Director 11.5.

Any one else experiencing this?

Mike M

Director 11.5

Windows Vista Ultimate

• 3. Re: H264 problems in Director 11.5
              whitestar7

I have been using H264 on the Mac with D11.5 with no issues, does the files crash when playing in QT, also what is the playback like through VLC player

• 4. Re: H264 problems in Director 11.5
                mikem75 Level 1

I've long since moved on since that post.  Still use director, however I've avoided H264

video.  At the time, I simply moved to a different codec.  Yes, the files played fine in quicktime.

Mike M