0 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2008 7:25 AM by wkolcz

Connecting to CF and binding to a datagrid

wkolcz Level 1
      Simple problem, probably not original. I need to connect to a CFC and get the results to bind to a datagrid's columns. I looked at a number of examples online and think I hacked a way, but getting an error. Wonder if anyone can help.

I have a component that had creationComplete="initData()" which calls this function that I tweaked from Ben Forta's examples.

public function initData():void {
      projectGateway.list();
      }

I am a little confused on his examples so I changed the DataGrid to:

<mx:DataGrid id="dg" width="100%" height="100%" dragEnabled="true" dataProvider="{projectGateway.list.lastResult}">

I have my RemoteObject set as:
      <mx:RemoteObject id="projectGateway" destination="ColdFusion" source="edu.umich.projectGateway">
      <mx:method name="list" makeObjectsBindable="true" fault="Alert.show(event.fault.message, 'Error')" />
      </mx:RemoteObject>

However I am getting this error when launching:

faultCode:Client.Error.MessageSend faultString:'Send failed' faultDetail:'Channel.Connect.Failed error NetConnection.Call.Failed: HTTP: Status 403: url: ' http://ummciisdevweb22.umich.edu/flex2gateway/''

I was told that I didnt need to change the config file. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.