3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 27, 2009 3:36 AM by JabbyPandaUA

Not needed text output in flashlog.txt coming from the library "automation_agent.swc"

JabbyPandaUA Level 3

Hi all,

I receive *a lot* of text output "Setting should not be done here" in my flashlog.txt file which is originated from forgotten enabled trace command somewhere inside "Automation_agent.swc" SWC file.   

I receive it every time when nevertheless how exactly I include the library "Automation_agent.swc" from Flex 4.0.10485 SDK build bundled with a Flash Builder 4 Beta 2 release into my SWF file compilation - either via compiler command line or via flex compilator's XML config file.

I wonder when this library is going to be updated with this forgotten text output to be finally disabled.

I guess it will happen only when Flash Builder 4 Beta 3 will be released?

--

With best regards,

JabbyPanda

• 1. Re: Not needed text output in flashlog.txt coming from the library "automation_agent.swc"
          matt_chotin Level 3

Hi,

We're not planning on releasing a beta 3 at this time, so unfortunately you may be stuck with the trace statement for now.

Matt

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Not needed text output in flashlog.txt coming from the library "automation_agent.swc"
            RaniKumar Level 2

Hi,

Automation framework expects certain variables to be set in the component not in the delegate.

Related to bug https://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FLEXENT-1061 we had a necessity to set such a variable in the delegate. This setting is done for the GroupBase.

So whenever an object which is GroupBase, this setting would have happened and framework would have reported the error.  Since the message is from the automation framework, it is not planned to control this component wise.  Such message shows an incomplete solution somewhere.

Once the fix related to this bug is available this trace message will go off. (I think this issue was solved post Beta 2). Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Rani

• 3. Re: Not needed text output in flashlog.txt coming from the library "automation_agent.swc"
              JabbyPandaUA Level 3

Hi all,

I've just found in automation SDK the exact place for this trace output, it is inside mx.automation.delegates.core.UIComponentAutomationImpl class, line 319:

public function set showInAutomationHierarchy(value:Boolean):void
                        {
                             trace("Setting should not be done here");
                             IAutomationObject(uiComponent).showInAutomationHierarchy = value;
                        }

Strange, although I do no use any Group container in my test Spark base application, I still hit the execution of method showInAutomationHierarchy on UIComponentAutomationImpl  delegate, hmmmm. Also, I'd updated to the most recent as of today Flex SDK 4 nightly build 4.0.12222.

One of the possible temporal solutions to my original concern can be to monkey patch this delegate with trace command output disabled inside this method.