3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 23, 2009 3:13 PM by John Joslin

PSE & and Camera Raw 5.5 problem

FaithfulPastor

I shoot a Canon 5D Mark ii in Canon Raw.  I have Windows Vista operating system, I have PhotoShop Elements 7.0 (all updates installed).

I can't get PSE 7 to open my Raw files.  I downloaded and installed the plug http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/407/kb407344.html for Windows.

Am I trying to what can't be done?  Is PSE incapable of reading canon raw files?

Thanks

Mike

• 1. Re: PSE & and Camera Raw 5.5 problem
          John Joslin Level 6

How, and where did you install the plug-in?

If it's in the wrong place it won't work.

• 2. Re: PSE & and Camera Raw 5.5 problem
            FaithfulPastor Level 1

I pasted the unzipped file in computer>Adobe>Photoshop Elements 7.0>Photoshop elements

I unzipped the files and ran them according to the instructions.  The plug opened up PSE during the installation. (if that matters?)

• 3. Re: PSE & and Camera Raw 5.5 problem
              John Joslin Level 6

FaithfulPastor wrote:

I pasted the unzipped file in computer>Adobe>Photoshop Elements 7.0>Photoshop elements

I unzipped the files and ran them according to the instructions.  The plug opened up PSE during the installation. (if that matters?)

That isn't clear. The following instructions on the download page have to be followed precisely or the plug-in won't work.

Extract the Camera Raw.8bi file from the ZIP file you downloaded. (Extract only the Camera Raw.8bi file that is at the top level of the ZIP file. Do not extract the Camera Raw.8bi file from the Win64 folder that is inside the ZIP file. This folder contains the 64-bit edition of the Camera Raw plug-in, which is compatible only with the 64-bit edition of Photoshop CS4.)

Do one of the following:

• If you are using a 32-bit edition of Windows, then move Camera Raw.8bi into C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 7.0\Plug-Ins\File Formats. If you are prompted to overwrite the existing plug-in file, then click Yes or Overwrite.
              • If you are using a 64-bit edition of Windows, then move Camera Raw.8bi into C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 7.0\Plug-Ins\File Formats. If you are prompted to overwrite the existing plug-in file, then click Yes or Overwrite