0 Replies Latest reply on Nov 23, 2009 4:30 PM by spies_like_us

Most frustrating problem - Loosing HTML formatting in a textarea on resize

spies_like_us

Hi all,

I have a textarea where I set the htmltext to a text string. In this text I have URLs that I want to decorate with an underline and have blue

I am setting this text using <fort> and/or <u> tags and his all works fine until I resize the textarea and all the HTML formatting is lost. It's still there in the htmltext, but the textarea just looses it.

If I reanalyze the text and run validatenow() on the component, it comes back, but I can't deal with it flickering on and off like it's doing.

Screen shot 2009-11-23 at 12.25.31 PM.png

is this a bug in textarea!?!

Here's the html in the htmltext

<TEXTFORMAT LEADING="2"><P ALIGN="LEFT"><FONT FACE="HelleBold" SIZE="12" COLOR="#320772" LETTERSPACING="0" KERNING="1"><B>this is a </B><A HREF="event:http://www.url.com" TARGET=""><B><U>www.url.com</U></B></A><B> </B></FONT></P></TEXTFORMAT><TEXTFORMAT LEADING="2"><P ALIGN="LEFT"><FONT FACE="HelleBold" SIZE="12" COLOR="#320772" LETTERSPACING="0" KERNING="1"><B></B></FONT></P></TEXTFORMAT><TEXTFORMAT LEADING="2"><P ALIGN="LEFT"><FONT FACE="HelleBold" SIZE="12" COLOR="#320772" LETTERSPACING="0" KERNING="1"><B>and it will disappear as soon as I hit return</B>