2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 24, 2009 11:20 AM by I Love Doing Websites

problem with saving files

I Love Doing Websites Level 1

Hello,

I use FW since 2002,

I am having an anyoing problem:

when I save the file, let's say logo.png, I save it in the folder of my client clientxxx

I want to export the file into jpg, and I try to export and by default the export command opens the desktop and I have to navigate all the way to the folder where the clientxxx files are, why? that didn't use to happen in the past versions, is anoying because everytime I have to save the logo lets say a modification I have to navigate to the correspondent folder.

THanks

• 1. Re: problem with saving files
          Michel Bozgounov Level 2

Which Fireworks version do you use?

8? CS3? CS4?

I think that Fw works in this way (some of its logic):

1) If you have saved client-logo.fw.png in folder D:\MyClients\Client1\, then exported the file as client-logo.jpg in folder D:\MyClients\Client1\ and then saved the .fw.png file again, next time you will open client-logo.fw.png and try to export again, it will automatically go to D:\MyClients\Client1\ -- the PNG file will "remember" where you exported it last!

2) If you have saved client-logo.fw.png in folder D:\MyClients\Client1\, then exported the file on the desktop, then saved the .fw.png file again, next time you will open client-logo.fw.png and try to export again, it will automatically go to desktop for the exported JPG version! -- the PNG file will "remember" where you exported it last -- like, Desktop!

3) If you have saved client-logo.fw.png in folder D:\MyClients\Client1\, then exported the file on the desktop, then you DID NOT save the .fw.png file again, next time you will open client-logo.fw.png and try to export again, it will automatically go to the *last* folder you have used to export some Fw PNG file! It could be Desktop, My Documents, or D:\MyClients\Client1\.

These are the basics... If you think Fw should behave in a better way in this area, please send your idea to Adobe:

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Fireworks dev team will surely listen to you!

• 2. Re: problem with saving files
            I Love Doing Websites Level 1

of course I am waiting for option2, also I use FWCS4

2) If you have saved client-logo.fw.png in folder D:\MyClients\Client1\, then exported the file on the desktop, then saved the .fw.png file again, next time you will open client-logo.fw.png and try to export again, it will automatically go to desktop for the exported JPG version! -- the PNG file will "remember" where you exported it last -- like, Desktop!

that's why I posted this question because that is not happening!