3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 25, 2009 12:38 AM by Sean_Wilson

Scroll Bar or Slide Bar to control Playhead or Layer On/Off

artbybill

Hello Lingo Forum...

I need to generate a script that will control the location of the Playhead or Turn off/on Layers based on the location of a slider bar. For example.. A slider bar needs to be created and lingo attached so when a user moves the slider up/down or Left/Right a Sprite will change based on the slider's location. I am not sure if it is better to have the Lingo turn Layers on and off based on location, or to move the playhead to swap sprites. I am looking for anyone who has accomplished this or has a link to an example of it. ANY HELP would be greatly appreciated for my LINGO skills are remedial at best.

Thanks

-Bill

• 1. Re: Scroll Bar or Slide Bar to control Playhead or Layer On/Off
          Sean_Wilson Adobe Community Professional

Am I right in understanding that you have a sequence of (bitmap) cast members in your library and you want a sprite on the stage to show one of them depending on the position of a slider? The slider part I understand, it's your reference to layers and frames that warrants clarification.

• 2. Re: Scroll Bar or Slide Bar to control Playhead or Layer On/Off
            artbybill Level 1

I think in this instance the slider should display a series of bitmaps in different frames... based upon the position of the slider. At first I was thinking it should be done by turning layers on and off based upon the  position of the slider... but I think it makes more sense for the slider to actualy move the playhead from frame to frame. Any ideas on how to do this? -Bill

• 3. Re: Scroll Bar or Slide Bar to control Playhead or Layer On/Off
              Sean_Wilson Adobe Community Professional

I think in this instance the slider should display a series of bitmaps in different frames...

What I was trying to drive at in my previous post is that if all you are wanting to do is display a different bitmap based on slider position then it can easily be done in a single frame with a single sprite (displaying whichever bitmap in the sequence based on slider position). I would organise the slider to broadcast some kind of an "update" message when changed (and send its current value with this - as long as the ratio or limits are understood) and have the bitmap sprite catch this message and respond by displaying the appropriate cast member.