3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 24, 2009 8:58 AM by the_wine_snob

I moved my project and I can't get it back

TheChad008 Level 1

I'm sure I'm missing something. I moved the folder that my project was in to back it up. I tried to put it back but Premier Pro CS3 doesn't "see" any of the clips/files. It asks me for several locations...I Select them...and the project opens with those few files intact but the rest seem to be "offline". Do I need to re-link every single clip? Thanks in advance for any help.

• 1. Re: I moved my project and I can't get it back
          Jim_Simon Level 8

Do I need to re-link every single clip?

You may have to.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: I moved my project and I can't get it back
            TheChad008 Level 1

I was afraid that might be the case. Thank you.

• 3. Re: I moved my project and I can't get it back
              the_wine_snob Level 9

This often happens if upon Opening the Project, the user chooses Ignore, or Offline All, and then does a Save, rather than a Save_As. The original links to media are overwritten. Save_As is safer.

When Opening a Project, where the Assets have been Moved, or Renamed, PrPro will try to help you locate those Assets in several ways. Before choosing to Offline, one should avail themselves of that help - or do a Save_As.

One thing to look into, since you did Move the Assets back, would be to explore any AutoSave files that you might have. If you moved the Assets back to the original locations, one of those will have the original links, and might not have lost too much editing. Remember to look at the Date/Time of those AutoSave files. One with a higher incremental number might not be the latest - check the folder in Details View Mode, and study the Date/Times carefully.

Otherwise, you might have to manually relink. It's not the end of the world, but does take some time.

Good luck,

Hunt