2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 24, 2009 9:17 AM by msakrejda

Presentation Patterns in Flex

Shivik Level 1

Hello all

I just came across a blog which sheds some light on presentation patterns. Here it is... http://blogs.adobe.com/paulw/

I was wondering whether some of these patterns or some others are very popular among flex developers.

Thanks and Regards

ShiVik

• 1. Re: Presentation Patterns in Flex
          paul.williams Level 4

That's my old Adobe Consulting blog. We used the Presentation Model pattern a lot on AC projects. It makes effective use of bindings and can be applied within a Cairngorm architecture, which was our standard framework. I've seen some chatter about using the PM pattern with Mate too, but I have no direct experience of that. The Supervising Presenter / Passive View patterns remind me of the mediators used in PureMVC.

• 2. Re: Presentation Patterns in Flex
            msakrejda Level 4

The PM pattern works well with Mate (and the posts by Theo Hultberg--Iconara--in the Mate forums are very helpful). We're currently rejiggering our data visualization application into a visualization framework and leveraging PM / Mate to minimize coupling. This will allow our customers to build their own dashboards, customizing look and feel to their hearts' extent while letting our framework do the heavy lifting. This may be more flexible than the average RIA app needs to be, but so far, Mate and the PM approach have been great. Your blog's been very helpful too, Paul--thanks.

1 person found this helpful