1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 27, 2009 2:57 PM by DAHolman

InDesign and XML Automatic pagination

Techi Panda Level 2

Hi Scripters,

I am trying to create "Automatic pagination" system for four to six page journals,

XML--->INDD--->PDF

I am comfort with creating and applying styles I am done. I just don’t have Idea how to place the images and tables automatically after their citations? And how to make my facing pages base align automatically?

Anyone done this before? Kindly give me some suggestions

thanks

regards

a r u l

• 1. Re: InDesign and XML Automatic pagination
          DAHolman

I'm not sure I'm totally following your question but, I'm very interested in automating via the same process you described so I'll try to get the discussion going.

I just don’t have Idea how to place the images and tables automatically after their citations?

the images are called out in your XML, right? you should be able to flow them in based on a template doc. I believe the tables will have to be formatted in such a way that 'convert text to table' can convert them easily, if you want them to stream into a longer story.

And how to make my facing pages base align automatically?

are you looking for a  baseline grid alignment (a simple function of the paragraph style)? or getting all the columns to end at the same depth (a not so simple quandry)?