2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 24, 2009 8:08 AM by the_wine_snob

how to set chromakey settings so only my teeth show up white

4anue

Greetings all,

I'm using PREL 7 and I want to create an effect where my mouth fades into a green screen but I can't seem to get the settings right for proper contrast.  I made up my face to be green - the same color as my green screen - and I cropped it to show only my lips and teeth.  I was able to neutralize my lips but my teeth also have a green tint.

From the Keying menu, I selected chromakey and used the eyedropper to select the green makeup on my face.  I've adjusted teh Similarity, Blend, Threshold, Cutoff, Smoothing.  On the Image Control setting, I adjusted Contrast and Saturation.

I think there's a setting I'm missing but I don't know what will create contrast I'm looking for.   Any ideas?

I've attached a jpg from the video so you can see for yourself.

Thanks,

Antoinette

http://www.greenlivinggoddess.com/images/Help with Ella.jpg

• 1. Re: how to set chromakey settings so only my teeth show up white
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Once you have everything else set up, my might want to look at Track Matte Keying, on a duplicate of your face, to separate out your teeth.

This TUTORIAL will give you some basic tips on doing this. You will need to "read-between-the-lines," as it is about "softening skin tones," but the principles are the same - just with your teeth, and you'll not likely be using the Gaussian Blur, that Curt used. Still, the general techniques are the same, just modified for your purposes.

Hope that this helps, and good luck,

Hunt

PS - Steve should move this post out to the main forum area, so that more folk will likely see it, and can comment on other techniques, or correct me, if I misread your needs correctly.

• 2. Re: how to set chromakey settings so only my teeth show up white
            the_wine_snob Level 9

This is just a wild guess, but this TUTORIAL (also from Curt Wrigley, author of Adobe Classroom in a Book for Premiere CS3 & CS4) might offer some tips, as well. If not, just disregard.

Good luck,

Hunt