7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 25, 2009 7:49 AM by MissMoppett

Organizing projects (PRE 7)

MissMoppett Level 1

I can find no way of organising my growing list of projects into folders. As I understand it ALBUMS are for individual media files which is not a lot of use. Dragging projects into newly created albums doesn't work (in the tagging window). Advice most welcomed.

• 1. Re: Organizing projects (PRE 7)
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

If you've got Photoshop Elements 7, it comes bundled with a larger, more powerful organizer that allows you to manage your files in a variety of ways, including creating and storing them in albums. These albums and other metadata can also be read by the Premiere Elements Organizer.

This inequality in Organizers between the two programs has been remedied in version 8. Both programs now share the same full-featured Organizer program.

• 2. Re: Organizing projects (PRE 7)
            MissMoppett Level 1

I'm grateful for your reply but I'm a Corel man: never use PShop. Better

start saving up then.

• 3. Re: Organizing projects (PRE 7)
              nealeh Level 5

Steve Grisetti wrote:

If you've got Photoshop Elements 7, it comes bundled with a larger, more powerful organizer that allows you to manage your files in a variety of ways, including creating and storing them in albums.

In the PRE7 organizer if you Select 'Tagging' from the Organize task you can also create new albums (I don't know if this would work if PSE7 was not also installed).

Cheers,
              --
              Neale
              Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 4. Re: Organizing projects (PRE 7)
                MissMoppett Level 1

Thanks for your reply. I've tried that which seems the obvious thing to

do but you can't drag projects onto albums (at least I can't). I don't

have PhotoShop 7 (and have no intention of getting it).

• 5. Re: Organizing projects (PRE 7)
                  Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

No, you can't drag projects into albums.

You drag albums onto media (video, photos, audio) to include them in that album.

• 6. Re: Organizing projects (PRE 7)
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

Personally, I organize by Project, with all elements in the sub-folder hierarchy below the Project as the root.

Now, I often do many of these on FW-800 externals, so that I can transport them between my laptop and my workstation.

For me, things would look like this:

Z:\ (same drive letter set in the OS of each computer)

Premier Projects

Project A w/ all sub-folders beneath, Video, Audio, Still Images, SFX, Menus, etc. (Note: all Assets are Copies, and the originals are on my NAS, or one another external.)

The Scratch Disks are also set to go with the Project.

Now, I seldom even think about using Organizer, as I use Adobe Bridge to look at my Assets. I use it to Import the copies of those Assets, so my workflow is not right for all.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 7. Re: Organizing projects (PRE 7)
                      MissMoppett Level 1

Thanks for your interest. That sounds like how I organise Dreamweaver,

but my websites are always much more complex than my average 10 minute

video. I'll have to play around.