3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 24, 2009 6:06 AM by Harm Millaard

Premiere Elements 7 720p editing notebook Hardware requirements

urpcor Level 1

Hi there,

I need a new Notebook for myself.

Some desktop workstation is no alternative for me...and I need a mobile , light weighted, enduring notebook since I am traveling a lot. Its required mainly for surfing , typing and programming MS VisualStudio.

But also for hobby cutting 702p clips With PremiereElements....

My panasonic Lumix Tz7 produces 720p Avchd (Lite ) mts output with length up to 15 minutes.

Now that format is what I want to cut with Premiere Elements.I am willing to accept minor speed issues, cutting is just my hobby.

Currently I have a 2.53Ghz Pentium which requires a 15 min clip to load 10 min. During that time Premiere Elements is blocked and the System processor is up to 100% usage. I am not able to parse through the clip without further blocking.

Now will that one do?

Aspire Timeline 3810TG-734G32n

Core 2 Duo SU7300 (1,3GHz)

4GB RAM DDR3

for 800 Euros

http://www.arlt.com/index.php?sid=ccb4c2cc45105affc8716a35fdb15e84&

Since I do need the notebook mainly only for typing and Websurfing I rather hesitant to buy something like:

Sony VGN-SR59VG/H with core2 Duo P8700 (2,53GHz) for 1.299,00 Euros or some other model from the Z series. they are really good technology but expensive -- but even then I am not sure if that one is sufficient for avchd lite editing.

does anyone have any suggestions??

Any hint will be welcome!

David