5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 9, 2014 4:40 AM by Tiapple RSS

older version ?

WalterEgoman

Hi everyone

I do not have the latest supercomputer, so i need to download an earlier trial version to start learning how to make flash-movies

where can i find such a trial version ?

i only find the latest gigabytesized one, and my computer cant swallow that...

pleaze...

• 1. Re: older version ?
          Ned Murphy MVP

I'm pretty sure that for any older version of Flash you'll need to surf the web to see if you can find a source for acquiring it as Adobe will not sell/support older versions.  I doubt you will be able to find a trial version though... it would seem impractical for the sources that might sell the old versions to support a trial version scenario.

• 2. Re: older version ?
            WalterEgoman Community Member

this is so weird - the main argument to use Flash is that it provides SMALL files, you can have animated sequences less than 5 kB in size....why the hell

does the development platform need a Gig of RAM - insane.....

so frustrating - is there a hidden agenda behind this ? forcing us to buy bigger/faster every damn year...

thanx for answering, though NEd.

• 3. Re: older version ?
              Tiapple

I was wondering the same thing! I have the same problem and it's 2014!!

I'm trying out the tutorials for how to make a website and in one of them they use Flash. So here I am trying to download the free trial BUT my computer is not compatible with the new Flash Professional CC...Sigh.

I'm a student not a star ADOBE!

• 4. Re: older version ?
                Ned Murphy MVP

You can download the various older trial versions of the software thru the site linked below.

Be sure to follow the steps outlined in the Note: Very Important Instructions section on the download pages at this site and have cookies enabled in your browser or else the download will not work properly.

http://prodesigntools.com/tag/ddl

• 5. Re: older version ?
                  Tiapple Community Member

Thank you Ned for your help!