2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 18, 2008 1:17 PM by captivating1

Linking two separate captivate projects

captivating1

Hello. I am working on my very first Captivate project (3). I had no issues creating the course, but once I got to the assessment, I started having issues. Since no one that I spoke to seemed to know why the assessment was doing what it was doing, I was advised to create the assessment under a brand new project. I did that and the assessment is reacting like it should. My issue now is, how do I link the assessment to the actual course?

I hope I have given you sufficient information to be able to help me.

Thank you.

Captivating 1
        • 1. Re: Linking two separate captivate projects
          RoboWizard Level 4
          Welcome to our community, Captivating 1

One way to accomplish what you are looking for is by clicking Edit > Preferences... > Project node > Start and End node. There you should see an option titled Project end options. The drop down is named "Action". Click this and choose "Open other project". After you do this, click the ellipsis icon ( ... ) and browse to the other project. Note that you are browsing to the .CP file of the project. Don't let this fool you. You may be thinking that "well, that's all well and good Mr. Captiv8r man, but my end user won't have Captivate installed!". The thing is, Captivate sorts the link externally and it should work just fine if linking from .SWF to .SWF or .EXE to .EXE.

Give that a go and see how you fare.

Sincerely... Rick
          • 2. Re: Linking two separate captivate projects
            captivating1 Level 1

Mr. Rick,

Thank you so much for your assistance. Luckily I had a knight in shining armor come to the rescue, but he had the same idea. It worked! Thank you so much for your suggestion. I am sure that I will be visiting this forum in the future. This is all very new to me.

Take care.

Captivating 1