2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 24, 2009 10:22 AM by givemeafreakingbreak

CS4 - Missing buttons in dialog when saving as pdf

givemeafreakingbreak

Hi Folks,

I'm wondering if anyone else has come across this problem, or perhaps it's just an issue with my installation.  I get occassional strange issues when saving as pdf, though i think it happens in other cases too.  In the dialog (after choosing the file name and clicking save), some of the buttons are missing (see attached file).  The title bar is also sometimes missing the title, but in the attached file it isn't.  Alt-tab functionality in windows is impaired when this is happening, I can't launch ctrl-alt-del, etc.  Lots and lots of strange issues until i manage to kill illustrator and start again.

This doesn't only happen when i'm trying to save as pdf - sometimes it happens upon launch of illustrator.

anyone else have these crazy issues, or just me?

• 1. Re: CS4 - Missing buttons in dialog when saving as pdf
          PrepressPro1 Adobe Community Professional

Be mindful of what version of PDF you're saving out to. Selecting different versions in the pulldown menu will change the buttons that you will be allowed to select from. You have Acrobat 6 (PDF1.5) and I don't see what buttons are missing from this dialog. If this doesn't help you may have to dump your preferences.

• 2. Re: CS4 - Missing buttons in dialog when saving as pdf
            givemeafreakingbreak Level 1

Thanks for your reply.  I actually don't think the problem has anything to do with actually saving as a pdf per se, since it happens in other situations too.  You'll notice that the Save buttons at the bottom were missing in the first image i posted.  I'm posting another image of how the dialog *should* look.

Remember, there are also a myriad of other problems that come along when this happens, indicating a bad interaction with Windows somehow.  Alt-tab functionality is messed up, i can't use ctrl-alt-del, i can't close the program, etc.