• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Getting the Glossary tab to appear?

Enthusiast ,
Jul 18, 2008 Jul 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For our localization process we decompile our English RH-built HtmlHelp file (.chm) into it's respective components and ship it off for localization. When it comes back, I recompile the project outside of RH, using FAR HTML instead. The problem is that the Glossary tab doesn't ever appear. From what the help file says the HHActiveX.dll has to be registered for the Glossary tab to appear, but I'm thinking I probably have to build the file within RoboHelp to get this functionality. Is this true or is there a way to enable it outside of RH?

Usually we've just recreated the .glo as an .htm with headings and paragraphs and have that translated and then link to it, but would like to get the tabbed functionality working to streamline our process a little better.

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jared

Yes, I believe the file has to be compiled using RoboHelp in order to make the Glossary Tab work. I'm not sure why or what is special about it, but as I understand it that's the case. And it's also the case that each of your end users will not only have to have the HHActiveX.DLL present, but it has to also be properly registered with Windows in order for it to work.

I see from your signature line that you are using RoboHelp 7, so I'm wondering if you have tried the command line compile as opposed to the other method.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks Rick. No, I've not used the command line compile though I suppose I could give it a try. I usually don't import the foreign language files back into RH since that has caused some crashes when attempting to recompile. I just tried a regular compile of Traditional Chinese yesterday and RH had some real issues with the project and would never build the help, whereas FAR HTML recompiled it just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp