3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 16, 2008 8:41 AM by Oliver Goldman

Passing variables into your AIR app from a website

nIvelyx
      Hello everyone:

I'm hoping someone can advise me on the possibilities of this functionality:

I have an AIR application that is used to play videos. I'm storing the videos remotely and then calling them through several methods defined in my application. The videos are also all located on my website for quick access (in the event that a person does not have the AIR application installed). Right now, inside my AIR application, users can pick their video, and then e-mail it to themselves, their friends, etc. When a user e-mails it to a friend, I am simply sending the user a link to my website with the appropriate video. I need to know if the following things are possible (and to what extent):

1. Is it possible to link directly from any HTML compliant area to my AIR application (if the user has my AIR application downloaded), with a video directly tied in that link? (e.g. through like a URL parameter)

Purpose: This would allow my users to click on http://www.mywebsite.com/my_Air_app_extension/user_video_id
      Which in turn would allow my users to start up my AIR application with their video selected instead of starting at the default Welcome page of my AIR application.

Please advise.

Thank you