2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 25, 2009 6:07 AM by bungalowbelf

Expanding the work area outside the stage.

bungalowbelf

Hello,

I currently have an small animation job that involves an enormous zoom out. To do this I need to scale the symbol containing all the animation out in the main timeline, from extremely close to quite far away.

I have two problems that are preventing me from doing this satisfactorily.

Firstly, the transform panel doesn't work. Specifically, entering scale values only seems to work beween 0 and 100%, anything larger gives unpredictable results.

Second, the symbol has become too large for the work area (I have zoomed out as far as I can go) - how can this area to spread out to the whole of the graphic editing area, instead of the third of it that is on the left side?

For example, I have used the Free Transform tool and scaled the item up 2500%, and now it's too big for the limited work area. To scale it further, or scale it back, I need to enter scale amounts into the Transform panel. After doing this, the figures I enter turn into arbitrary other values and my symbol either warps or disappears entirely.

Ideally, I should be able to look at the stage itself, click on the symbol, scale it in the Transform panel to 3000% and be done with it. Why is this not possible?

Thanks

Martin