2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 20, 2008 8:07 AM by

Insert Media Flash Video... pre-loader question

TeeCeeGee
      Hello everybody
      I'm desperately looking for a solution regarding the following problem: I've inserted a rather long flv video (insert - media - flash video) into my site. Visitors with smaller bandwith have to wait up to 30" until the video starts playing. I either want to show them a screen saying: "video is going to be buffered - please wait" or to include an adaptive preloader that shows the % until the video will start playing. How can this be achieved? Thanks for all of your input, because this issue is very important to me and time is running for the project...
      TCG
        • 1. Re: Insert Media Flash Video... pre-loader question
          Level 7
          Can you divide your long video into several small clips or chapters? Then
          just put all the clips into a common player like this one from Coffee Cup -
          and loop them together. http://www.coffeecup.com/video-player/

--Nancy O.
          Alt-Web Design & Publishing
          www.alt-web.com

"TeeCeeGee" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:g35efj$f81$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Hello everybody
          > I'm desperately looking for a solution regarding the following problem:
          I've
          > inserted a rather long flv video (insert - media - flash video) into my
          site.
          > Visitors with smaller bandwith have to wait up to 30" until the video
          starts
          > playing. I either want to show them a screen saying: "video is going to be
          > buffered - please wait" or to include an adaptive preloader that shows the
          %
          > until the video will start playing. How can this be achieved? Thanks for
          all of
          > your input, because this issue is very important to me and time is running
          for
          > the project...
          > TCG
          >

• 2. Re: Insert Media Flash Video... pre-loader question
            is looping them togather will solve my problems ?