4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 26, 2009 10:35 AM by mike0001

How to center page in "html and images"

mike0001

When i export using "html and images" my page always renders on the left side even when i set alignment to "center" in the "options" area.  Is there any way to center the rendering without resorting to "css and images"?

• 1. Re: How to center page in "html and images"
          Jim_Babbage Level 4

Ideally, open the page in Dreamweaver and generate the centering there using a DIV.  Alternatively, you can read the article linked below. It's old and by no means best practices, but if you're interesting in altering how FW creates the very rigid table-based layout, this will give you what you need.  http://www.adobe.com/devnet/fireworks/articles/fw_html_styles.html  HTH

• 2. Re: How to center page in "html and images"
            Sarthak Singhal Adobe Employee

It is possible by handcoding.

After the file has been exported by Fireworks, open it in an editor and place align="center" inside the <td...> tag. It should be very close to the begining of <body> tag.

..Sarthak

• 3. Re: How to center page in "html and images"
              Business Website Design

Hi,

I used to use Fireworks to do website designs using the full slice and export but found it much easier to export the graphical slices and then do a quick table insert in dreamweaver and pop the images in the table cells. Once that part is done, just selecting the table visually in dreamweaver and central clicking the centralise icon is quicker. I've tried both methods in the past and it seems easier to have control over the page with Dreamweave rather than export from Fireworks. I guess it comes down to preference really, as they both end up with the same result.

On a different topic, I don't suppose anyone has any experience with the alien skin plugins - do you think they are any good, or more just a gimmick?

Regards,

Paul

Business Web Design

• 4. Re: How to center page in "html and images"
                mike0001 Level 1

Thank you for responding to my question.  I have not tried the post export method yet.  I was hoping to avoid that method as it must be done to each exported page seperately ( I believe ).  I altered the "generic" HTML style in Fireworks (as instructed in article referenced below).  For some reason the browser rendering was still not centered.  I'm not sure if its because the article is written for Fireworks 8 (I'm CS4).  My goal is to generate a "clickable/rolloverable" prototype without having to go back after export and adjusting the HTML.  I'll keep working on it.  If anybody knows what I might have done wrong on my HTML style modification please feel free to make suggestions.     

Thanks,   Condor0001

Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 12:56:11 -0700

To: mikeh0001@live.com

Subject: Re: How to center page in "html and images"

Ideally, open the page in Dreamweaver and generate the centering there using a DIV.  Alternatively, you can read the article linked below. It's old and by no means best practices, but if you're interesting in altering how FW creates the very rigid table-based layout, this will give you what you need.  http://www.adobe.com/devnet/fireworks/articles/fw_html_styles.html  HTH

>