4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 26, 2009 2:51 PM by the_wine_snob

How to delete a speech bubble?

Derek Sky Level 1

Sorry, this is probably a stupid question and I feel dumb asking it: but how to delete one of these? Getting them on is no problem but they just don't respond to any delete! thanks!

• 1. Re: How to delete a speech bubble?
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

If your speech bubble was added as part of the Clip Art collection, it will be on an upper  video track on the timeline. Scroll the timeline up and you'll see it on Video 3 or 4.

• 2. Re: How to delete a speech bubble?
            the_wine_snob Level 9

I want to follow up on Steve's reply with a question, as its answer will tell us how to instruct to on the deletion. How did you add the speech bubble?

If you did as Steve commented, just navigate to it in the Timeline, and Delete it there.

If it's done on any kind of Title, you can Delete it in either the Timeline, or the Project Panel. If you do go to the Project Panel for the Deletion, you'll get a warning to the affect of "This Asset is used on the Timeline. Do you really want to Delete it?" There you can answer "Yes."

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: How to delete a speech bubble?
              Derek Sky Level 1

Thanks guys! As Steve said, it was on one of those timelines

hidden up top. I just couldn't see those lines because they were off the screen!

It was a bit counterintuitive, since one can click on the speech bubble, resize and move it, but not delete it!

Thanks, I knew it would be a simple thing once one understood the 'Adobe' way of thinking.

• 4. Re: How to delete a speech bubble?
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Derek,

Glad that you found it. I am not a big fan of the scroll bars in PrE, as of PrE 4. In an attempt to make the GUI look sleek, they eliminated so much contrast in certain areas, that I find them hard to find sometimes, and they do NOT stand out. I'd give up the "sleekness" for the older, more "classic" look. I can darken the whole thing, or not. With the newer GUI, one can only adjust things to a point.

Good luck,

Hunt