7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 28, 2009 9:21 AM by the_wine_snob

I can scheduling a registration with P.P. ?

miko1983!

I want to scheduling a registration with P.P.

I have Try and test Virtual dub with Virtual Vcr to make this work but the result is not digestive Adobe P.P.

Some of you know a plugin or method to record at predefined time with P.P.

I apologize from now for my English

• 1. Re: I can scheduling a registration with P.P. ?
          Jim_Simon Level 8

I have to admit, I have no idea what you're asking.

There are other language forums.  Perhaps one is more suitable?

• 2. Re: I can scheduling a registration with P.P. ?
            Bill Gehrke Most Valuable Participant

Let me make a stab at seeing if I can understand what you want.  I believe you want to record some video and then edit it.  I am not familiar with Virtual VCR but what you need to do is find if it can record or output a format that is Premiere friendly.  Can you get it to ouput a Type 2 AVI format?  I see that it is outputting an AVI file but it is not clear that it is AVI Type 2.  You might look for a way to convert it to a Type 2 and then Premiere will import it.

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: I can scheduling a registration with P.P. ?
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Bill,

That is pretty much my take on things too. Your comment on DV-AVI Type II will be useful to the Miko.

To Miko,

As far as scheduling PrPro to do a direct capture from Virtual VCR, that will not be possible, but if it does allow one to Save/Export to DV-AVI Type II, it's just a click away to Import that/those resultant file(s) into PrPro, just as Bill described. PrPro cannot be scheduled, like a VCR, or DVR, but once your other software has done its job, the rest is easy.

Good luck,

Hunt

Message was edited by: the_wine_snob - corrected spelling

• 4. Re: I can scheduling a registration with P.P. ?
                miko1983! Level 1

Heartfelt thanks to everyone for the answers
                The problem still persists.
                You have any idea about what software i can use to make scheduling programmed?
                in other words, I have to record a daily program at a predetermined time (for example, a newscast) without being present physically at the PC.

Thanks

Michele Mirco

• 5. Re: I can scheduling a registration with P.P. ?
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Michele,

I do not know of anyway to do this. My guess for getting close, would be to use a recording device, like TiVo, or similar, to do the scheduled recording to the HDD in the device, and then copy the files to the computer, and Import them into PrPro.

I've had to take a few clients' TiVo (I think that both were actually Direct TV's recorder, and not TiVo specifically) recorder and hook it's analog-out feeds to my A-D bridge. Then, Capture this footage to the HDD, as DV-AVI Type II files. These were Imported into PrPro's Project and edited fine. That is a lot of steps, and there might be a much more direct route. I just do not know what that might be.

Maybe there are TV tuner cards, that allow one to schedule capture to the computer's HDD. I just do not know of any.

What ever you come up with (others will likely help with some suggestions), make sure that you get files that PrPro will like and edit easily. That is why I chose the DV-AVI Type II's for SD material.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 7. Re: I can scheduling a registration with P.P. ?
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

You are most welcome, and good luck!

Hunt