4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 30, 2009 2:41 AM by Crt Gorup

ServiceRefreshJob has encountered a problem.

Crt Gorup

Hi,

I am using Flash Builder beta 2 and PHP data services. Application is working and also all the PHP functions are working properly (I tested them inside FB4). However, I still have some problems. When I edit and save my server side php file I get 'ServiceRefreshJob has encountered a problem' error in FB4. Refreshing data services doesn't seem to delete the functions which were removed from php file nor add functions which I added to the php interface. Is there any way to see the details about this error? Alert box in FB doesn't give any description about this error. My PHP file is very simple and it is working. I am afraid the problem is in FB.

Thanks for your help, Crt.

• 1. Re: ServiceRefreshJob has encountered a problem.
          Mayank (Adobe) Adobe Employee

Can you please send us the php file and the fml file in the .model folder of your project.

Mayank Kumar

Computer Scientist,

Flash Builder

• 3. Re: ServiceRefreshJob has encountered a problem.
            Mayank (Adobe) Adobe Employee

Hi,

Thanks for uploading these files. I was checking them out and noticed that the fml file is in a state in which it should not be. Once I make the relevant change in the fml file, refresh starts working fine.

Can you please describe the edits made to the PHP file after which you started facing the refresh issue?

In the meanwhile, to proceed with your work please change line 52 in the .fml file from

<item name="inputParams">opaque,opaque,opaque</item>

to

<item name="inputParams">opaque,opaque</item>

thnx

Mayank Kumar

Computer Scientist,

Flash Builder

• 4. Re: ServiceRefreshJob has encountered a problem.
              Crt Gorup Level 1

Hi,

Thanks for your help. I can't really remember the edits I made to the php file right before I started facing the refresh issue. I think I wanted to create another function by copying the old one. I did relevant changes to the new one, but I forgot to change the name. So I had two function with the same name. After an error in Flash Builder I fixed the bug, but the ServiceRefreshJob problem continued. I hope I am not wrong.

Back to the problem. Meanwhile I was desperately trying to convince Flash Builder to detect my new function and somehow (Data services-> Switch view) I managed to do it. However, the ServiceRefreshJob still persists. Every time I save my PHP file I get 'ServiceRefreshJob has encountered a problem.' error. Refreshing via refresh doesn't throw any error, but it doesn't work. I did the changes you recommended (l 46 in current fml file), restarted Flash Builder, but I am still getting the same error. Maybe there is (also) something else wrong with my new files. I am attaching the latest fml file together with PHP file. Data services and flex application is working fine.

Thanks, Crt.

P.S.:

I have no idea about the fml file, but are you sure that this was wrong <item name="inputParams">opaque,opaque,opaque</item>? Function 'getAllFeatures' takes three arguments and I can't see any reason why <item name="inputParams">opaque,opaque</item> is better.