3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 29, 2009 8:49 AM by Bhakti Pingale

Newbie problems with getting a local CFB server configured

gablerdk Level 1

This started out in another post by me as to what I thought was a port 8500 problem. I had watched the getting started with CFB video, and on that he used localhost as a Server Name and as Host Name. He then assigned port 8500 as the WebServer Port.

When I do this it comes up in the Servers windows as Stopped. If I try to start it the error I get is

'Starting localhost' has encountered a problem

Ensure that the server is not already running or any application is not using the webserver port.

So as an experiment I changed the port to 80 because the admin page does work at http://127.0.0.1/CFIDE/administrator/index.cfm

The Server window at the bottom of the CFB screen then shows a Running server.

I create a small "Hello World" index.cfm page and when I hit one of of the browser tabs, Firefox and IE in my case, I get the following error,

Error while generating preview:

There is no server configured for the project myproject to which the file index.cfm belongs. Configure a server in ColdFusion in ColdFusion server settings before you proceed.

What am I missing ?

Thanks,

Dennis