4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 30, 2009 10:10 PM by i_dream_of_jeannie

Serious problems with El7/8: please help!

JimmyPP1701

Hello all,

I really hope someone can help me-I've had no luck whatsoever with the customer support team.

I have been using El 3 very successfully for a couple of years. I recently upgraded to El 7 in order to be able to edit HD video and SD video together.  The software works fine, however if I come to move multiple clips at once along the timeline, I get the black circle with a line through, and a small white box. This means I cannot move multiple clips. For me, this makes the product unusable.

I downloaded the trial for El8 and was please that this bug was not present. I have since ordered El 8 and installed it (a fresh install ith El 7 gone), however I have discovered that with this I cannot play any video in the monitor window! Again, this renderes the produce useless. I now have two pieces of software that are unusable, and I am receiving no help whatsoever from technical support. Please, can anyone assist?

James

• 1. Re: Serious problems with El7/8: please help!
          A.T. Romano Level 7

James

First thing to try...with Premiere Elements 8, Edit Menu/Preferences/General and uncheck "Enable GPU Playback". If that does not help, then check out the AdobeTech Note:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/515/cpsid_51526.html

Now, in the case of Premiere Elements 7, could you please go into detail about how you are "moving multiple clips along the Timeline"? Are you working on one track or mutiple tracks? How are you grouping these clips prior to the move? Where are you moving them to and from? Etc.

ATR

• 2. Re: Serious problems with El7/8: please help!
            i_dream_of_jeannie Level 1

James,

You can try the suggestion provided by ATR. Also I'd suggest that you update your system's Display drivers. That might help too..

• 3. Re: Serious problems with El7/8: please help!
              JimmyPP1701 Level 1

James

First thing to try...with Premiere Elements 8, Edit Menu/Preferences/General and uncheck "Enable GPU Playback". If that does not help, then check out the AdobeTech Note:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/515/cpsid_51526.html

Now, in the case of Premiere Elements 7, could you please go into detail about how you are "moving multiple clips along the Timeline"? Are you working on one track or mutiple tracks? How are you grouping these clips prior to the move? Where are you moving them to and from? Etc.

ATR

Hi there,

Thanks for your help. The GPU settings was the first thing I tried-to no avail. Alas, no such luck either with theTechNote.

RE: el 7, I have been filming several scenes for a short film with the drama group I work with. Due to outside circumstances I have been editing back to front (so the last scene is currently at the beginning of the timeline etc.) What I am trying to do is select the clips and shift them to the correct sequential order on the timeline. I have tried highlighting all of them and clicking group, and simply tried dragging them as one big highlighted block. The clips are on seperate tracks, but I have never had any such problems with El 3 which I have used extensively in the past.

What is of particular interest, is that if I select sauy 6 tracks there's not a problem, it's when i select ALOT of tracks I run into difficulty.

I have also tried updating the graphics drivers recently for my GTX 285, which seemed to solve the problem on EL 8, only for it to then go back to what it was doing?!?

Any help would be appreciated

• 4. Re: Serious problems with El7/8: please help!
                i_dream_of_jeannie Level 1

What flavor of Windows are you using and what are your system specifications : RAM, Hard disk etc?