9 Replies Latest reply on Nov 28, 2009 7:27 AM by the_wine_snob

problem with rendering updates

adupire51

Hello,

When I export my project into a MPEG file or in other formats, the last updates I made are not rendered.

How can I "purge" the rendering ?

I'm using Premiere Elements 8 on windows 7.

Thanks for your answers.

Arnaud

(from Belgium)

• 1. Re: problem with rendering updates
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Arnaud

If you are referring to "rendering" as rendering the Timeline (in Edit Mode) by pressing the Enter Key of the computer main keyboard, then

(a) Timeline Menu/Delete Rendered Files

or

(b) Navigate to the Adobe Premiere Elements Preview Files Folder in the Adobe Folder ( Adobe Folder, with default location = My Documents/Adobe/Premiere Elements/8.0/) and delete the preview files for a given project .prel.

If you are referring to deleting a entire project.prel and its associated folders/files and if you have not planned ahead, then you will have to go to the Adobe Folder and find and delete the project.prel and its associated files.

ATR

• 2. Re: problem with rendering updates
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Also, if you are referring the rendering the timeline (i.e., there is a red line above your clips that will not turn green when you press the Enter key), ensure that the light gray Work Area Bar along the top of the timeline is spread over your entire project. Only areas covered by the Work Area Bar are  rendered when you press Enter.

• 3. Re: problem with rendering updates
              the_wine_snob Level 9

When you say "Rendering," do you mean Exporting/Sharing, or the process of Rendering the Timeline?

These are two very different operations. Rendering, as has been pointed out, is done for playback only, it's need indicated by a red line vs a green line in the Timeline and is accomplished by hitting the Enter key. It can be controlled by the WAB (Work Area Bar).

Sharing/Exporting, which it sounds like you are doing, is the process of creating another file from your Timeline. As you mention that you are going to MPEG, this sounds like what you want. Tell us more about the edits, that are not appearing in your Share/Export. What is on the Timeline SHOULD be appearing in the resultant Share/Export file. If not, we need more details.

Thank you,

Hunt

• 4. Re: problem with rendering updates
                adupire51 Level 1

Yes, my problem in on Sharing/Exporting

I have an image on the timeline with a specific movement.

My first sharing succeeded.

After editing this movement, the preview in Monitor screen is good but, after export/sharing the new movement does not appear in the resultant mpeg file.

I'm not in front of my pc right now, I'll check tonight, the color of the rendering line (green or red) and the WAB to complete the description of my problem

Thanks all for your help

• 5. Re: problem with rendering updates
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Thank you for the clarification.

The lack of your edit in the Exported file is odd. I've not heard of this happening before, but let's look into it. First, that WAB, mentioned with Rendering, also will help us here. One can limit the Duration of an Export, and set what is Exported with it. This is available for most Export formats.

I assume that you are using Keyframed Effects (Motion>Position, probably) to add Motion to your Clips. You can move and resize the WAB (use the little "brackets" on the end), so that you do not have to Export the entire Timeline for this test.

First thing that I'd like for you to do is to do a Save_As for your Project. Add "_test" to the name, so that your original Project is safe. In your _test Project, go to the area that you are editing, and set the WAB to include only that limited Area. Export/Share to MPEG, and add "_01" to the file name. Play that smaller MPEG to see what your animation looks like. Now, go back to our _test Project and really alter the Keyframed Motion, so it should look different. With the WAB still over just that area, Export/Share to MPEG again, naming this "_02." Play this one and see if those radical changes Export.

Please report what this test yields.

Good luck,

Hunt

PS - That WAB is a neat little feature, especially if one is doing a lot of Keyframing, as you can limit the Render area with it, and can also limit the Export area too.

• 6. Re: problem with rendering updates
                    Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Is it at all possible you're saving your updated MPEG to another location accidentally rather than overwriting your old one?

I've done that accidentally myself, since every time you use Share it defaults to My Documents instead of where you've designated in the past.

• 7. Re: problem with rendering updates
                      the_wine_snob Level 9

Steve,

Could be an answer. I would not have thought about this possibility, though do have to admit that on occasion, I have to Search to find out where I directed a file to be Saved. Most of my NLE's "remember" the last location. I'll keep my eye out for the default location situation.

Thanks,

Hunt

• 8. Re: problem with rendering updates
                        adupire51 Level 1

Hello all,

After adjusting the WAB, my problem is solved.

I'm new to Premiere Elements and your answers really help me.

Thank you.

Arnaud

• 9. Re: problem with rendering updates
                          the_wine_snob Level 9
                          After adjusting the WAB, my problem is solved. I'm new to Premiere Elements and your answers really help me.

Great news, and you are most welcome!

Probably time to mark your question as answered. Glad that we could help.

Happy editing,

Hunt