3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 28, 2009 10:29 AM by James_PT

Email settings problem; error sending activation email

mrcharis2003@yahoo.c

Hi there 

Hope everyone is doing well

I am having some problems with my latest user registration pages for my site

I am havving problems sending the
      activation email

I have set up my server to relay emails and it works ok      I use a linux server and  cpenel and outlook expres as my mail client...... I configured an email account in my cpanel called     admin @mysite.com      I used the automatic configure outlook express to configure outlook    

I can send and recieve emails to and from my Yahoo account using my yahoo adress to admin@mysite.com     and I can send emails from outlook ex using     admin@mysite.com     to my yahoo email

I then created the user registration pages for my site with email activation .........

All wen well then I tried to test and got the following error ....

E-mail couldn't be sent. Error returned: Failed to connect to mail.mysite.com:25 [SMTP: Failed to connect socket: Connection timed out (code: -1, response: )]. (EMAIL_FAILED)

So I looked at my email settings in my control panel........      I have tried every possible combination of information to get it to work and I still get the same error

I have tried     

mail server      mail.mysite.com                                    This is the same info that is described in the manual settings for my email config in cpanel
                port       25
         username     admin@mysite.com                               This is the email account I set up in cpanel    web mail
         password      **********
      default sender  admin@yahoo.com 

This is the same info that is described in the manual settings for my email config in cpanel 
      This is the email account I set up in cpanel    web mail         

I have changed all the information Mannnnnnny times for hours and hours and still no luck

I have tried      mail server =     mail.mysite.com , my mail server IP address , www.mysite.com . etc etc etc

I have tried to     username / paassword        the cpanel username & password    /    my email account username and password ... etc etc etc

nothing works

I can find nothing to help at all on the net

I did read that the settings should be exactly the same as the working settings from outlook express....... so I checked the settings in outlook express, that work, and put all the same settings in my email settings in ADDT control panel .....

And it still does not work

I still get the same error

The  strange thing is that I can send and recieve email from outlook using the email admin@mysite.com , using the mail server    mail.mysite.com
      but when I use exactly the same info in addt I get the error

Is driving me crazy

Can someone please tell me the correct information to fill in on my email settings ......?    in detail ........

I have read the help documentation and  is no help at all

I am lost

Any help would be great

Have a great day

oh one thing........ any idea why you cannot search withing forum topics anymore ...... ?

Cheers