2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 28, 2009 5:27 AM by Reynolds (Mark)

Drag&Drop Over a Tab

AlexMxi Level 1

Since introducing the tabs there is no way to drag&drop a layer from file to file unless you detach (move to new window) the source image. I guess this was overlooked.

Can we have the ability to drag and drop layers and selection by dragging them onto the tabs?

And another thing. I deactivated 'Open documents as tabs' in preferences, but it only works when I open documents through PS open dialogue. If I drag&drop a file from the explorer it opens as a tab. Can this be resolved as well?

Thanks,

Alex

• 1. Re: Drag&Drop Over a Tab
          c.pfaffenbichler Level 9

Since introducing the tabs there is no way to drag&drop a layer from file to file unless you detach (move to new window) the source image.

You may be wrong with »no way«; I personally don’t use the tabs, but I seem to remember having read that drag-and-dropping does work but one has to hold the position on the tab a bit longer … and one has to drag from the canvas, it seems.

• 2. Re: Drag&Drop Over a Tab
            Reynolds (Mark) Level 4

Dragging and dropping to tabs is something that is implemented, but remember hearing that it was done last minute.I dont use the tabbed interface either. Because it doesnt seem to provide anything that the shortcuts don't provide, and just throws in a whole lot of unecessary interface clutter.

As for the slowness of the operation of this feature, I have a theory that Adobe have a room full of 70+ gentlemen, all testing new features. "if we'd had something like this in the 1930's, then we woudn't have complained" types.