2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 1, 2009 12:05 AM by mitchellashley

Can't Install AIR on Mac OS 10.6

PWin

I keep getting this message. "An error occurred while installing Adobe AIR. Installation may not be allowed by your administrator. Please contact your administrator." I trashed out AIR folder in Framework, uninstall AIR from Utilities, and re-installed a number of times. Still no go. Here is what I see in Console. It doesn't seem like a critical issue. Any suggestions? I'm using MacBook Pro that is only 1 month old.

11/27/09 12:23:22 PM            [0x0-0x22022].com.adobe.air.Installer[257]            Fri Nov 27 12:23:22 new-host.home Adobe AIR Installer[257] <Error>: The function `CGContextSetFontRenderingMode' is obsolete and will be removed in an upcoming update. Unfortunately, this application, or a library it uses, is using this obsolete function, and is thereby contributing to an overall degradation of system performance. Please use `CGContextSetFontRenderingStyle' instead.

• 1. Re: Can't Install AIR on Mac OS 10.6
          davidharris_uk

I'm getting exactly the same error on Snow Leopard on a basic 'Hello World' example as shown below. It's a default installation of the AIR download. The path is properly set etc etc

"

MacPro:hello-world-html david$ adl helloworld-app.xml

objc[1553]: Class WTFMainThreadCaller is implemented in both /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaScriptCore.framework/Versions/A/JavaScriptCore and /Applications/AIR/runtimes/air/mac/Adobe AIR.framework/Versions/1.0/Resources/WebKit.dylib. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

Hello World

Fri Nov 27 18:56:18 MacPro.local adl[1553] <Error>: The function `CGContextSetFontRenderingMode' is obsolete and will be removed in an upcoming update. Unfortunately, this application, or a library it uses, is using this obsolete function, and is thereby contributing to an overall degradation of system performance. Please use `CGContextSetFontRenderingStyle' instead.

"

Unimpressed with AIR as a development environment to since the Dreamweaver AIR plugin also barfs on java claiming the version is too old! I don't know if Adobe is actively trying to make AIR an unattractive option for RIAs.

• 2. Re: Can't Install AIR on Mac OS 10.6
            mitchellashley

I'm getting the very same error. When I installed Creative Studio 4 (which includes AIR) it says that AIR was installed, though I don't believe it is since it won't run AIR applications. Downloading the AIR installer directly results in the error message you described.

Hope someone has an answer for this.